This internship is an opportunity to work with an organisation that has a predominant international presence and a team of sustainability and policy experts.
To assist the development of ongoing Regions4’s projects for global engagement by:
- Collaborating with the Secretariat’s staff, researching information and preparing briefings on regional governments’ efforts on climate change adaptation, biodiversity, and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Monitoring and staying abreast of the international agenda events and discussions in key issues to identify opportunities for further engagement.
- Supporting staff with membership engagement and partnerships, preparing outreach communications for representatives of subnational governments and other external stakeholders.
- Supporting Regions4 Secretariat to establish and maintain close working contacts with key stakeholders from governments, civil society, and other relevant international organisations.
- Supporting the Secretariat’s work to facilitate members’ active participation and commitment to foster the Network’s objectives, programmes, and initiatives.
- Contributing to the development of Regions4 studies and research on various issues of interest to regional authorities worldwide.
- Contributing to the research and drafting of Regions4 written outputs and submissions.
- Assisting with the organisation of events, meetings, and webinars, supporting with the preparation of agendas, co-drafting background materials, and meeting reports.
- Supporting the preparation of materials to include developing backgrounds, pulling bios, creating briefing books, conducting, and circulating media scans, compiling marketing materials, drafting talking points, etc.
- Contributing to the preparation of newsletters, social media posts, website updates, and Knowledge Hub content in close collaboration with the Communication team.
- Other duties related to the Regions4’s mission.
- Must be well-versed in and curious about global agenda setting events, international relations, and news at different levels of government.
- Understanding of competences and capacities of regional governments (regions, states, and provinces) and paradiplomacy.
- Knowledge of international institutions (UN System, European Union, etc.) and of their systems of programmes and policymaking.
- Reliable, hard-working, strong sense of duty, well-organized and committed person.
- Effectiveness orientation and pro-activity.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to a diverse range of cultures, and to work effectively as part of an international team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required and knowledge of French or Spanish is desired.
- Computer literate (Office 365, media databases and social media networks), design skills are a plus.
20 hr/week to be conducted in a flexible time, adjusted to the assistant’s needs.
The assistant will be home-based.
Please note that this internship is unpaid.
If you would like to apply for this internship as part of your Masters Programme, please specify it on the application and have the appropriate institution contact us.
Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject [Internship – Your name]
Regions4 is a global network that solely represents regional governments (states, regions, and provinces) before UN processes, European Union initiatives, and global discussions in the fields of climate change, biodiversity, and sustainable development.
Regions4 was established in 2002 at the World Summit in Johannesburg and currently represents 42 members from 20 countries in 4 continents. Through advocacy, cooperation, and capacity building, Regions4 empowers regional governments to accelerate global action. The mission of the internship is to support the Regions4 Secretariat efforts related to membership engagement and potential partnerships for collaboration.