Are you passionate about sustainable development? Have you turned your concern for a healthy planet into motivation, determination and knowledge to boost climate leadership and action worldwide? Then, we would love to hear from you!
Regions4 is currently looking for an Advocacy Officer to lead on our organisation’s work to raise regional ambition on climate action, foster a multi-level governance approach, and increase global recognition of the role of subnational governments within the UNFCCC, as well as other relevant fora, organisations, and processes on climate action.
About the job
Key tasks will include:
- Leading on the advocacy work on climate action activities defined in the Plan of Action 2021-2022, ensuring that Regions4’s agenda and work programme are in accordance with the global climate agenda and priorities, and the interests of the Network and its members are well represented internationally.
- Supporting the effective delivery of Regions4’s advocacy work and contributions as: observer organisation to the UNFCCC processes, member of the Local Governments and Municipal Authorities (LGMA) Constituency and member of the Resilience Group within the UNFCCC Marrakech Partnership for Global Climate Action, among others.
- Further developing relations with UNFCCC, the LGMA Constituency and the Global Taskforce of Local & Regional Governments, among others, contributing to raise the profile of the climate adaptation agenda and regional climate action globally in main events towards and beyond COPs.
- Coordinating with the RegionsAdapt Project Officer to ensure synergies between the technical and advocacy work of the Climate Action Programme.
- Strengthening collaboration with members to increase the impact of our advocacy work, facilitating member engagement in the activities of the Climate Action Programme, gathering case studies, good practices, and collective messages for strategic international consultations and events.
Regions4 is looking for a dynamic, motivated and strategic team-player with the following knowledge and skills:
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Public Administration, International Cooperation, Political Sciences, or any other related field, with a specific interest and track record of work in the area of climate action and sustainable development.
- Professional work experience in advocacy, partnership development, and strategic programme management. Specific experience supporting advocacy in the area of climate action and in organising engagement in global processes in the subject matter, is considered an asset.
- Experience organising joint partnership events alongside major international/ multilateral events (e.g., COP, etc.).
- Must be well-versed in and curious about the global climate action and sustainable development agendas, international relations, and cooperation at different levels of government.
- Understanding of competences and capacities of regional governments (regions, states, and provinces) and paradiplomacy.
- Knowledge of international institutions (UN System, European Union, etc.) and of their systems of programmes and policymaking.
- Contract-type: part-time consultancy
- Duration: 1 year with the possibility for renewal
- Starting date: inmediately
- Location: home-based
To view full details of the offer, please download the job description: English / French / Spanish
To apply for the position, interested candidates can submit their cover letter and CV through the form below. Deadline for applications is 21 February 2020.
Enquiries can be addressed to Regions4 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Regions4’s Climate Action activities, please click here.