Are you passionate about sustainability, climate action and biodiversity? Are you curious, result-oriented and looking for a career in the advocacy sector? Then we want to hear from you!
Regions4 is currently looking for a Communications Officer to work at our global Secretariat to implement global communication strategies with the aim to provide the maximum visibility to Regions4 and its members’ work, as well as to contribute to position the voice of regional governments at the centre of the most relevant international agendas on sustainable development, climate action and biodiversity.
About the job
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering the Communications Strategy in line with the Plan of Action 2021-2022, for the effective dissemination of Regions4’s actions and results within the fields of sustainable development, biodiversity and climate action.
- Expanding Regions4 communications and dissemination network to increase outreach and impact.
- Growing Regions4 brand through the production of ad-hoc content and materials, managing our communications channels (website and social media, publications and newsletters, member mailings, etc.) and expanding our flagship campaign #RegionsVoice.
- Contributing to provide optimal visibility to members’ actions, while enhancing their role as Regions4 ambassadors before UN bodies and international institutions.
- Reporting on the communications actions and outcomes to ensure information on Regions4’s work is shared internally within the Secretariat.
- Preparing for, participating in, and following up of international conferences and events on climate action, biodiversity and sustainable development as required, in coordination with Programme Managers.
- Working for the achievement of the strategic goals on communications at short, medium, and long term included in the Strategic Plan 2030. This may include exploring funding opportunities and supporting in proposal development.
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Degree in Communications and PR, Journalism, Marketing, Public Administration, International Cooperation, Political Sciences, or any other related field, with a specific interest and track record of work in the area of communications and sustainability.
- Knowledge of international institutions (UN system, European Union, etc.) and of their programmes and policymaking.
- Proficient in English, with fluency in Spanish. Fluency in French would be also desirable.
- Be used to working remotely while ensuring the optimal coordination of activities online, managing her/his own workload and priorities, and participating in meetings and calls through GoToMeeting, Teams, Skype or Zoom.
- Committed to the vision and mission of Regions4 Sustainable Development.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write in a range of styles.
- Result-oriented with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of working with a wide variety of stakeholders and partners, as well as in managing membership-based initiatives.
- Knowledge of international press agencies and other communications related key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player able to relate well to a diverse range of cultures, and to work effectively as part of an international team.
- Starting date: 1st of April.
- Working hours: Part-Time.
- Contract type: Consultancy.
- Duration: 9 months.
To view all the details of the offer please download the full job description here.
Deadline for applications is 1st of March, 2022.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a CV and Cover Letter through the form below or emailing them directly to email@example.com with the subject “COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – Your name”.
Candidates with any enquiries please address them to email above.